Vacancy Front Office Employee
Does your colourful personality help you to wow and inspire guests and make sure they have an unforgettable stay? Would you like to be part of a close-knit team in a small-scale hotel? Then you're the new colleague we're looking for!
What will you be doing as a Front Office Employee?
As a Receptionist/Front Office employee, you are the person our guests come to. You understand how you can provide exceptional service, and you're able to exceed guests' expectations every day with your personal touch. Your warm, friendly, and welcoming demeanour makes guests feel at home.
Your work will consist of:
- Checking in and checking out guests;
- Ensuring optimal pricing for the rooms;
- Accepting reservations via the phone, emails, or walk-ins;
- Responding to guest feedback in ways that are in line with the character of the hotel;
- Communicating with housekeeping to coordinate cleaning of the rooms with guest departures and arrivals;
- Communicate issues to the Technical Service;
- Serving (welcome) drinks;
- Responding to online guest reviews;
- Offering services, such as wake-up calls, restaurant reservations, museum tickets, etc.;
- Offering general and tourist information to guests, calling taxis, recommending restaurants and making reservations, theatre tickets, etc.
Who are you?
- You're a colourful, creative, and energetic person with a passion for hospitality;
- You strive to offer high-quality service tailored to the needs of individual guests;
- You're available to work on weekends;
- Experience as Receptionist/Front Office Employee at a hotel is preferred;
- You are fluent in English, a second language is considered a plus.
Why work at this hotel?
- At this hotel you know your boss, managers, and colleagues. The teams are close-knit and the culture is open and informal, with a focus on personal development and where offering input is appreciated.
- A small-scale hotel which means you will have a lot of responsibilities and will also take care of reservations and Guest Relations in addition to your role as Front Office Employee;
- A hotel in the bustling city centre of Amsterdam near the Central Station that is part of the Highland Group, which consists of four successful hotels with unique identities and target audiences;
- You can take part in courses and professional training, such as Emergency Response, Hospitality training, and the Social Hygiene diploma;
- Compensation in accordance with the hospitality industry collective labour agreement;
- Full reimbursement for commuting expenses;
- Annual opportunity for performance raise;
- Standard pension scheme, supplemented with a survivor's pension;
- Weekly free boot camp training with a personal trainer and an annual summer and winter activity with all your colleagues.