Vacancy: Housekeeping Supervisor
Are you a born leader and a true team player? Do you like cleanliness and order and do you want to ensure that our guests have the best experience in our hotels? Then we are looking for you!
Who are we?Highland Group consists of five successful small-scale hotels in the center of Amsterdam; Boutique hotel The Highlander, Hotel Sint Nicolaas, Tourist Inn, The Highland House and Hotel Rokin. The hotels will be thoroughly renovated in the coming years. All hotels are located within 500 meters of Dam Square. The hotels have an informal atmosphere.
What will you do as a Housekeeping Supervisor?As a Housekeeping Supervisor you are responsible for supervising the team in order to deliver excellent quality. You are an important link between management and the Housekeeping team. There is no Housekeeping manager present, so you communicate directly with the hotel managers.
You manage the Housekeeping team so that hotel rooms, general areas (reception, breakfast room) remain clean and tidy.
A good team spirit is very important! You ensure that the team works according to the standards and you motivate them to do the job as good as possible. When necessary, you help or solve problems for them. You know how to lead a large team and you have a nice personality that makes the team happy to do its best for you.
You also maintain contact with the other departments in the hotels, for example you contact the Technical Service if a lamp is broken in a room. You know what the wishes of the guests are and you are representative.
- Relevant work experience in the Housekeeping / cleaning industry (cleaning employee, housekeeping employee, chambermaid, general employee)
- Experience with leading a diverse team
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Able to perform physical work
- You speak and write English fluently, Dutch is an advantage
- You work neatly and structured
- You are flexible and also available in evenings and weekends
What do we offer you?
- Function for 40 hours a week in an informal and dynamic working environment in the heart of Amsterdam;
- Working in a cozy and informal team;
- Salary is negotiable and depends on work experience;
- Full travel allowance from 5 km;
- Extra pensioenregelingen.
- Pension accrual plus a survivor's pension;
- Sports activities, drinks and other activities with the team